Basics of News Gathering and Writing
₦5,000 + 7.5% VAT
Participants of this course will, at the end of it, be able to:
- Gather information and write it for publication.
- Know how to write news articles.
- Start own online or print publication.
- Run a group or organisation publication.
– Mentorship after the training (all students are to be added into our Telegram Group for the purpose of mentorship and Business Opportunities).
– Certificate of Participation (graded) to be offered after training, in PDF:
- 100-80 (Excellent).
- 79-60 (V. Good).
- 59-45 (Good).
- 44-39 (Fair).
- 38 below (Poor).
- What is news?
- Who is a journalist
- Where to get news stories
- Writing a clean news story
- Formats of writing a copy for submission
- Classification of news
- Features or characteristics of news
- Elements of news
- How to cover predictable and unpredictable news events
- Channels of news dissemination
- Nature of news organisation
- What could make a bad news copy
- Using relevant story leads to keep readers on a story
- Gathering political news
- Increasing profits form news publications
Wants to pay into our account?
You may pay directly into our bank account, following the instructions below.
- Pay N3,000 + N225 (7.5% VAT) directly into our account via Deposit Money Bank, Mobile Banking, USSD Code, Internet Banking, ATM Transfer or Money Agents.
- Name: OLEM EDGE GLOBAL CONCEPT.
- After payment, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org with: payees’ name, course(s) paid for, amount paid, date of payment and your contact information.
Once we confirm your payment we will activate your registration. If you were attending more than a course please pay (at the same time) for all the courses of your choice to avoid disjointed data collation.